How to Improve Oral Hygiene While At Home
Why Is Good Oral Hygiene Important?
Healthy teeth and gums look and feel good, but your mouth is also your first line of defense against infectious bacteria, including viruses such as COVID-19. Brushing your teeth removes harmful bacteria and prevents it from invading your body. Also, saliva contains some antibacterial and antiviral proteins that help fight some infections.
On the other hand, poor oral hygiene is linked to a number of health conditions, including heart disease and diabetes. Insufficient oral care routines can also mean that bad bacteria and viruses spend more time in your mouth and have opportunities to reach your bloodstream.
A good oral care routine is a big step toward good overall health, and it’s something you have complete control over. Now is the perfect time to improve your oral care routine and make new habits for a healthier smile.
Tips to Keep Your Mouth Healthy
Maintaining a healthy mouth doesn’t take much effort. Now that you’re spending plenty of time at home, make sure that good oral care is part of your daily routine. Here are some more tips:
- Wash your hands before and after brushing and flossing.
- Store your toothbrush properly. Allow it to air dry and keep all toothbrushes in your household separate to prevent the spread of germs.
- Disinfect your toothbrush. Here are a few ways to sterilize your toothbrush at home.
- Add an antibacterial mouthwash to your daily routine.
- Replace your toothbrush every three months, or after you’ve been sick.
- Dental emergencies can be life-threatening, and often the ER personnel is not qualified to treat tooth pain. Our team is equipped and well-trained to handle any dental problem that requires immediate treatment.
Comments are closed.